Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mixed Media Monday Journal Creation



On Monday evenings I love attending the Ustream broadcast of Mixed Media Monday LIVE broadcast where we are captivated by Tracy Weinzapfel creating art with her paints.  

If you would like to see some of Tracy's 'live' creating, it is always posted on YouTube after wards. Here is the link:

People in the group create something afterwards (inspired by Tracy) and post it on our Facebook page.  This week, I did too!!! 

It was just a "for fun" project!
Wish you could see it in person.


Beginning to play by using my fingers - which is how I like to paint my backgrounds - I added colors helter skelter!




On the road, I used DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze, let it dry overnight and then accented it with DecoArt Media Patina Green Antiquing Cream. It really brought out those cracks!



The road sign was hand painted with DecoArt Media Crackle Paint.  Since the background paint was not dry, the colors came through to give a lovely hue to the sign. The cracks were highlighted with DecoArt Media Metallic Lustre Iced Espresso. 




DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream in Titanium White with Metallic Lustre Majestic Purple and Brilliant Turquoise prepared the wooden sign for the "words".  



Using the "Misti" Stamping Tool to help add the Dare 2B Artsy Totally Tracy stamp.  The Misti enabled me to stamp the image - safely - more than once which helps me bunches.



It fits right over my journal page edges perfectly.
The stamp is attached in this picture.




In the end, somehow I created a "wild" landscape with nothing but a crooked road and a sign!! Guess that's rather how life is! 
Our roads are crooked but somehow we find the way.

The Totally Tracy Stamp (which is on sale right now!) says: 'Your path is beautiful and crooked and just as it should be'.  
Truly love that sentiment! 






Can you guess what the MMM stands for?
AND...
Can you guess what the AS&F stand for?

Andy and Tracy are both with DecoArt. Sometimes they run a challenge together which is called the Skinzapfel challenge. 
They are competitive co-workers and friends so it only seemed right that there should be arrows on the sign for them both! 
Both have been very inspirational and encouraging to me. 






Just painted in the little leaves and heart flowers by hand with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics. 






Some of the DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics used:
Phthalo Green Yellow
Colbalt Turquoise Hue
Phthalo Green Blue
Dioxizine Purple
Quinacridone Violet
Ultramarine Blue
Primary Magenta
Quinacridone Red

Also love to use Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Pitt Pens.







I soooooo soooooo soooooo appreciate you stopping by today. 

I knew I wanted to use Tracy's Dare2BArtsy stamp but I had no idea how when I began painting.  When the wild landscape started to appear, I thought it would be fun to add the wooden sign with some words. Almost immediately I thought of the MMM but what on earth would I put on the bottom one?  Finally I knew!!! 

Thanks Andy and Tracy for once AGAIN inspiring me to create. Even more fun when it's for you two!

Hugs to you all. j. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Excited to share my creation with:

My sweet Mixed Media Monday friends!!! ❤j


================================




=====================









16 comments:

Heather said...

oh my love it! love the AS&F. so creative! Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece.

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Beautiful, Joi! You are aptly named, your art is always joyful!

charlotte fletcher@roma land woodcrafts said...

Fun! Loving the colors, too. Thanks for sharing...

charlotte fletcher@roma land woodcrafts said...

Fun! Loving the colors, too. Thanks for sharing...

Redanne said...

Joi, your art never fails to impress - this is so beautiful, wonderful warm and rich colours, the sign post looks amazing and I love the wonderful sentiment! This is a wonderful tribute to two fabulous artists! Hugs, Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Joi ... I so love your work and this particular piece is stunning! I love what you have done with this piece and you always are so generous with your comments of others' work! It is a joy to see you creating too! Carol (UK) X

Pakrat said...

This is so awesome - love all the texture

craftyd said...

Awesome page, you have such pretty colors.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun and colourful journal work! Hugs, Valerie

Donna Lee said...

Beautiful!

Brenda Brown said...

Wonderful art Joi and thanks for the details and description xxx

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous colors Joi!! A beautiful scenic view-especially that it came from your vision! hugs xx

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning, Joi - amazing page spread. I adore those colourful weathered wood signposts - magical!
Alison x

SewPaperPaint said...

What fabulous colors on this spread! Love the meaning behind this! Big hugs, Autumn

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Fabulous signs - definitely the best option for pointing out the way to your best side. Well done, Joi! xo

sarascloset said...

Ok, so here's more that I missed...better late than never! I am probably one of the most haphazard bloggers and will add improvements to that on my next New Year's resolution list, so I can continue being haphazard! I adore this journal page, and it seems you and I had a similar thought process in mind...I have a journal page post coming up, and I made something almost identical...you'll see. Great minds and all! Anywho...this does remind me of the TX landscape on the highway between San Antonio and Beeville. I took that highway every weekend when I lived in TX, and now I couldn't even tell you the number. Love your road and that awesome TX landscape! Bgi hugs to you! PS...I knew what MMM was, but not the other. I do love your sign!