Thursday, April 16, 2015

Compendium of Curiosity 3, Challenge 26
----------------------------------------------------

Hello to all! 
I am sooooooooooo excited to be typing this today... my first time to participate in Linda's Compedium of Curiosity challenge. 

These two of the letters were done with the smudge stamping technique as part of a larger project.  The large letters are from Tim's Worn Text Stamps CMS156.








I am so excited to finally have my copy of Tim's third book. I can't stop reading it - every night in my chair - over and over - so amazing!  if you don't have a copy - you NEED it.  The link is below.



Because I didn't have the book, I watched the challenges and learned but was never able to participate until now.  And it was soooo much fun doing these letters.  I will tell you though - I did the "Y" over twice - it's not as easy as you think to master. I still need lots more practice but will totally enjoy using this technique over and over. 

The challenge is listed below: 

The Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities 3, Smudge Stamping at cc3challenge.com. 


Because I did the letters as a part of a larger project...

I realize that I cannot compete because my letters aren't a complete project. I didn't realize it at the time of working on this that they couldn't be combined with others.  And that's understandable - totally.  I will do better next time!!   However, because I was so excited to get to participate for the first time... I went ahead and did it!!!   Sure hope Linda and the design team can overlook my inexperience.  

You can perhaps also so that there are more of Tim's products in the completed project.  Such as:

Rub Ons
Stickers
Letters
Embellishment
Paper from Paper Pad
Ephemera
Embossing Powder
Ink
Distress Paint
Adhesive Metal Sheet











One thing for sure... the name Tim Holtz is a regular household word now and I am in awe of all the Compendium of Curiosities that Tim's "world" entails!  AMAZINGLY Wonderful!


Until the next time... which hopefully will be soon!!! joi
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







9 comments:

inreenesroom.blogspot.com said...

Wow! First timer: WELL DONE. I love your letters. Wonderful use the technique. I'm so glad you included pic of finished project. It's out of this world...Clareene...

Redanne said...

I think your creativity tree is just stunning Joi! Anne x

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Joi, welcome!! So glad you've got your book and are ready to join in the fun. You are TOTALLY eligible to compete as long as you've incorporated the technique into your project. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more from you in future challenges! <3

Marjie Kemper said...

Welcome! Love your Creativity tree and all the rich colors. Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your project does qualify, because you did the technique, even if it's not on everything, you still did it! Hope that makes you feel better! AND, we are delighted to have you join us...love newbies, and love your excitement for the challenges and of course for the book! It is wonderful, and I find I read it all the time...all three of them! Your letters are wonderful and the whole project is original and just plain gorgeous! I'd love to see it in person! Kudos to you! Thanks so much for smudge stamping with us this time at CC3Challenge!!!!

Maura said...

Wow! I am in awe! Your creativity tree totally rocks!! Love all the different techniques you used. Such a cool project!!

Candy C said...

Joi...First of all let me WELCOME you to our challenges!!! So glad you finally got your book and hopped on board with us! Your art is amazing and you totally qualify to be entered into our challenge! While not every letter was done using the smudge technique, you did use the technique in your piece and that qualifies you! So YAY all around! :) I LOVE your project! It is so creative. Love the colors you used and the theme. This rocks! Thanks for joining us and sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Yvonne said...

Joi...welcome to the fun of CC3!!! So so happy you decided to join in the fun! The book is definitely a must have...I couldn't put it down at first either, wink. I love your CREATIVITY tree! fabulous job! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at CC3C!

Larimore2 said...

This is TOTALLY SUPER COOL!!! I popped in just 2 say that the two letters alone wld b ok w ME!!! But the entire worded project is WAY over the TOP!!! I've been having a blast w CC3Cs - having joined in at #..19...... I think. But no matter where we joined in; we JOINED IN!!! Here's a kudos for your first entry!!! YAY!!!